Saturday, March 25, 2006



Did I mention I'm a die-hard Conan, fanatic? Yes, it's true. Ever since I first laid eyes on a collection of Howard short stories titled "Conan of Cimmeria" with a breathtaking painting by Frazzetta depicting everyone's favorite barabarian looking more wild and savage than the ape he is fighting, I've been hooked. That was about twenty years ago, and I've been feeding my brain a steady diet of Howard inspired works ever since.

Man, I miss those summer days when I could walk into a 7-11 and pick up a copy of "The Savage Sword of Conan" off the shelf to read back home while I drank my slurpie. It was guaranteed 80 magazine formatted pages of decapitating, blood-letting fun.

Recently a dream came true, and I had the opportunity to work on a feature length Conan animation titled "Red Nails". It was a blast, and I look forward to seeing it finished. This sketch was done purely for fun while I waited for my assignment, and is not connected in any way to the final product.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Chang said...

Hey Vinton. Great sketches. The Cap pictures are great too. Welcome to the Blogging.

8:00 AM  
Blogger warren said...

Wow! That project sounded like fun! When is it coming out and what company? Is it WB?

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home