Friday, March 24, 2006




This is one of my first attempts at coloring in photoshop a few years back. Unfortunately I haven't done many other color pieces since then. Most of my professional existence consists of drawing storyboards for animation, and while I'm in production, it doesn't leave time for much else. On my down time I'm also busy writing and working on a graphic novel for Image which I hope to complete this year.

The drawing itself is even older; something I produced in celebration of Cap's 60th year for the San Diego Con's yearly book. I'm a really big fan of the character for as long as I can remember, and I especially love the way he looks in his current monthly title (the regular one, not the Ultimates!) If I drew him today, his costume would definitely reflect the heavy scale-mail shirt he currently wears.

2 Comments:

Blogger David Hartman said...

This piece is great! I'd love to see more stuff of yours in color like this. What's the book your doing for Image? I can't wait to get it whatever it is!

11:07 PM  
Blogger NP said...

yikes! don't want to be caught in that fire! awesome artwork vinton!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home